Technology and innovation shaping Europe’s competitiveness
25 June 2021, 11.15 – 13.00 CET
Horizon Europe (HE) will approach the twin transitions towards a green and digital recovery in an ambitious manner and will commit sizeable financial efforts to support them. The HE strategic plan defines the strategic orientations for Europe’s research and innovation investments over the period 2021-2024 and acts as a compass to stay on course with Europe’s political priorities.
Join us to discuss how the various HE programmes and other initiatives can boost key technologies and solutions underpinning EU policies and sustainable development goals. We will also debate how the implementation of the updated Industrial Strategy will need to link to these programmes, to boost innovation and enable Europe to further strengthen its position as a global technology leader. We will hear the perspective from industry on what else could be done to foster innovation in Europe, focusing also specifically on the role of advanced manufacturing for Europe’s competitiveness and its link to these innovation programmes.
11.15 – 11.45 WELCOME AND KEYNOTES
- Maria da Graça Carvalho (EPP), Co-Chair of the Sustainable, Long-term Investments & Competitive European Industry Intergroup
- Mariya Gabriel, European Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth
- Rada Rodriguez, President of Orgalim, Europe’s Technology Industries; CEO, Signify GmbH
11.45 – 12.45 PANEL DISCUSSION, moderated by Oliver Blank, Director European Affairs, ZVEI
- Thomas Bitter, Senior Vice President Technology, Volvo CE
- Maria da Graça Carvalho, EPP (TBC)
- Peter Dröll, Director for Prosperity DG RTD, European Commission
- Ulla Engelmann, Acting Director Networks & Governance, DG GROW, European Commission
- Rada Rodriguez, President, Orgalim, Europe’s Technology Industries; CEO, Signify GmbH