Enabling industrial decarbonisation: The vital role of solar thermal and geothermal for the energy transition in industry
Industry decarbonisation is key to the EU’s climate and energy security objectives. The bulk of manufacturing industry greenhouse gas emissions comes from the use of fossil fuels for heating at different temperatures.
Half of manufacturing heat requires low-to-medium temperature ranges which are best met by local renewable heating resources such as solar thermal and geothermal resources.
This event will explore how to accelerate industry’s transition to renewable heating through examples in Europe and abroad and outline the dedicated support structure required to aid European industry.
Welcome : Beatrice Covassi, Member of the European Parliament and Co-Chair of the Sustainable, Long-term Investments & Competitive European Industry Intergroup
Keynote speech : Lukasz Kolinski, Head of Unit, Renewables and Energy System Integration, Directorate-General for Energy, European Commission
- Adele Manzella, Coordinator of geothermal projects, Italian National Research Council, Institute of Geosciences and Earth Resources (CNR-IGG)
- Gianni Vanneste, Group Energy Optimization Manager, Boortmalt Group and Hugues Defréville, CEO Newheat
Panel discussion (moderated by Anna Gumbau):
- Pedro Dias, Policy Director, Solar Heat Europe
- Sanjeev Kumar, Head of Policy, EGEC
- Adele Manzella, Coordinator of geothermal projects, CNR-IGG
- Gianni Vanneste, Group Energy Optimization Manager, Boortmalt Group
- Hugues Defréville, CEO Newheat
Intervention by Member of the European Parliament, Professor Zdzisław Krasnodobeski
Closing remarks followed by Cocktail & Networking
Contact: Garance Galliaerde, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in this event.
We will review your registration and get back to you shortly. Please contact us at email@example.com for any questions.