Financing projects close to the ground in the European Union: the added value of a multi-level implementation mode
The European Union is facing a series of unprecedented challenges related to its twin transitions, made even more pressing by the repeated crisis, calling for a need to multiply efforts to leverage investment capacity in Europe.
Since 2020, as part of its new multi-level approach, the EU relies on a multiplicity of “implementing partners” such as international organisations, the European Investment Bank as well as National Promotional Banks & Institutions. This widening is reflected in several investment programs dedicated to social support, to SMEs, to sustainable infrastructure, and to innovation. In addition, the EU tested and implemented new methods in which the EU resources are used to generate a leverage effect on other public and private resources, in order to maximize the impact in terms of investment. What can we learn from these approaches that provide answers to financing challenges?
The purpose of this conference will therefore be to assess the strengths and weaknesses of these new implementation mode in terms of their ability to meet the challenges that prompted their creation, and which have become even stronger since then.
Welcome and Opening Remarks :
- Dominique Riquet, Member of the European Parliament, Founder and Co-Chair of the Sustainable, Long-term Investments & Competitive European Industry Intergroup
Panel discussion (moderated by Helmut von Glasenapp, Secretary general, European Long-Term Investors Association-ELTI):
- José Manuel Fernandes, Member of the European Parliament
- Elena Flores Gual, Deputy Director-General, Directorate-General for Economic and Financial Affairs, European Commission
- Philippe Chantraine, Acting Head of Unit Transport Investment, Directorate General for Mobility and Transport, European Commission
- Paweł Chorąży, Managing Director of the European Funds Division, Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego (BGK-Polish Development Bank)
- Nicolas Aumar, Direction of Energy Strategy and Steering Support, Dijon Métropole
Contact: Garance Galliaerde, firstname.lastname@example.org